Brandy and Kevin

 

One + One = Three  

The Journey of First Time Parents

______________  


Sunday, September 9, 2007
Complete, Unmitigated Fear.....

Yup. That was my first reaction when Brandy showed up at work that Monday morning and showed me this little piece of plastic with lines on it that I did not completely understand what it was. She looked stressed so we went to a private office and she filled me in on just what the piece of plastic was - a positive pregnancy test.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

You see, prior to this news, I was told that I should expect to be offered a new job within a week. We were planning to relocate to the St. Louis metro area. Everything was going to be different. Just not like THIS.

Within 24 hours, I started having a change of opinion. Much more accepting of the news, if nothing else. Happy would come later. We're going to be OK though. Now I'm ready for this. We talked about it quickly and thought that staying near family was important, as was being near known medical providers and saving accrued paid time off for the maternity or paternity leave...both of us have significantly more time right now than we would have had when we moved.

So that's the initial thought. As Brandy has mentioned, the first appointment is upcoming in about nine days. I'll try to throw some more thoughts up here before that time of the interim from notification to today. Needless to say, there have already been challenges and we're going to have known "Cletus the Fetus" is on his/her way for about a month before the first doctor's appointment.


posted at 6:57 PM by Kevin:: 0 comments: permalink


::Our Baby Blog Profile::

::Previous Posts::

The Dates

I am starting Late

::Links::

Link Here
Link Here
Link Here
Link Here

::Past Months::

September 2007


November 2007

©One + One = 3: The Journal of Our First Pregnancy

©Design by Websong

Powered by Blogger