Brandy and Kevin

 

One + One = Three  

The Journey of First Time Parents

______________  


Saturday, September 22, 2007
Changes...Really?

Like Brandy said somewhere else, a while since last post...

I hate being so busy...I know that this process is a long one that we will get used to, but I want to be around to help and to see the changes first-hand. Unfortunately, I'm stuck fulfilling my umpiring calendar which wraps up October 1st...I spent all day today on the ball diamond and I'm sunburned - oops. Have to do better at remembering sun-tan lotion when Cletus shows up.

Speaking of Cletus, the first doctor appointment was this week. We both like the doctor and got a photo of a blob that has what they identified as a heartbeat ;) It wasn't the earth-shattering experience, I suppose. I can't say for sure exactly WHAT I expected, but this wasn't exactly it. Brandy has told me I don't have to go to the next appointment, but I want to be sure I'm there for any and all future ultrasounds.

I'm looking forward to colder weather, simply for the opportunity to be inside and spending time with Brandy as she is going through these changes. I hate the fact that her work is so rough on her right now, but financially there's not much I can do about it and that truly bothers me. We had always said kidlets would come along when she could be a Stay-At-Home Mom...but we'll be plenty happy with our new addition right now. Additionally when I am home, we can get the nursery cleaned, painted, and furnished (anyone got a pile of coin lying around they want to donate for nursery furnishings?). I hope to have all of this ready to go, at least cleaned and painted, by Thanksgiving. We shall see. I hate spending the last few nice days inside when we could golf or be outside...that's the driving force for the rain.

In the meantime, congrats to Brandy's cousin who welcomed their first baby, a son, on Monday. The pictures are adorable W&J and we're jealous...hopefully N and our Cletus can be great friends for their entire lives! We hope to join you pretty close to April 20, 2008!


posted at 7:44 PM by Kevin:: 0 comments: permalink


::Our Baby Blog Profile::

::Previous Posts::

Complete, Unmitigated Fear.....

The Dates

I am starting Late

::Links::

Link Here
Link Here
Link Here
Link Here

::Past Months::

September 2007


November 2007

©One + One = 3: The Journal of Our First Pregnancy

©Design by Websong

Powered by Blogger